Who we are
GCP Europe is the voice of the building services engineering sector, mechanical contractors, plumbers, and HVAC installers. The association represents their interests at the European Union level and, by doing so, contributes to the achievement of EU's climate, energy and prosperity goals.
GCP Europe counts member associations across all parts of Europe.
It took on its new name in 2014 – it was formerly known as Genie Climatique Internationale – Union Internationale de la Couverture et de la Plomberie; GCI-UICP.
People spend about 90 % of a day in buildings. Indoor climate and water supply, therefore, belong to the main features determining indoor comfort. On the other hand, more than 40 % of the final energy consumption in Europe is used for heating needs of buildings and for domestic hot water production. Hence, technical building systems have become a priority area to reduce the use of traditional energy sources.
To inform the members about relevant European developments
To provide an entry point for influencing the content of European legislation
To provide a platform for the members to exchange best practices, knowledge and technical standards in order to better confront common problems
Our members’ activities
The diversity of our members activities covers the width of:
- Installing, planning, and maintain heating, ventilation, air condition and plumbing systems in buildings (a multi-service approach);
- Advise on system integrating and innovative smart controls;
- Regular inspections, energy auditing/assessment (in the framework of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive);
- Advise about energy efficiency/performance to real estate investors and end-users;
- Advice on renewable energy systems such as solar thermal, heat pump, biomass heating, fuel cell, power-heat coupling and photovoltaic systems, and their installing, planning, and maintenance;
- Performance contracting.
Please consult also our leaflet below.